|The LoveTypes® QUIZ
Take the following quiz to
determine your LoveType®, or give it to your potential
mate to confirm his or her LoveType®.
Although you may see yourself in
both answers to a question, check the answer that fits you
- 1. I tend to draw more energy
- E) other people.
- I) my own thoughts.
- 2. When I'm at a social gathering,
I tend to have more energy:
- E) toward the end of the night,
and once I get going, I may be the last person to
- I) toward the early part of the
night, and then I get tired and want to go
- 3. Which sounds more
- E) going with my date to a place
where there are lots of people and social interaction,
such as a nightclub or party.
- I) staying home and doing
something special with my date, such as watching an
entertaining video and eating my favorite
- take-out food.
- 4. When on a date, I'm
- E) quite talkative
- I) more quiet and reserved until I
- 5. In the past, I have tended to
meet most of my dates:
- E) when I'm doing things in the
outside world: at parties,
- nightclubs, work, recreational
activities, chance meetings,
- or when friends introduce me to
- I) through private methods such as
personal ads, video dating,
- or sometimes by personal
introductions from close friends
- and family.
- 6. I tend to have:
- E) many acquaintances and many (or
a few) close friends.
- I) a few close friends and/or a
- 7. In the past, my loved ones and
partners tended to say this about me:
- E) "Can't you be quiet and still
- I) "Can you come out of your
- 8. I tend to gather information
- N) my imagination and expectation
of what is possible.
- S) my realistic sense of the here
- 9. I tend to trust:
- N) my leaps of intuition.
- S) my direct observation and
- 10. When I'm in a relationship, I
tend to believe:
- N) there is always room for
- S) "if it ain't broke, don't fix
- 11. When I'm comfortable with a
date, I prefer talking about:
- N) the future, improving or
creating things, and the possibilities of life; for
example, I may talk about a new scientific discovery
or a better way to express my feelings.
- S) practical, concrete, and "here
and now" subjects; for example, I may talk about the
fine points of wine tasting or the exciting trip I'm
about to take.
- 12. I am the kind of person
- N) likes to see the big picture
- S) likes to grasp the details
- 13. I am the type of person
- N) prefers to live in my
imagination instead of reality.
- S) prefers to dwell in reality
instead of my imagination.
- 14. I usually:
- N) tend to fantasize a great deal
about a date I'm about to go on.
- S) tend to fantasize sparingly and
simply allow the date to turn out the way it's going
- 15. I tend to make
- F) first with my heart, then
(perhaps) with my logic.
- T) first with my logic, then
(perhaps) with my heart.
- 16. I tend to be better at
- F) when people need emotional
- T) when people are being
- 17. When breaking up with
- F) I often let my feelings get in
the way, and it's very hard
- for me to let go.
- T) although I can feel hurt, once
I make up my mind, I am usually quite straightforward
about putting my ex-partner out of my mind.
- 18. When dating someone, I tend to
- F) emotional compatibility:
expressing affection and being sensitive to each
- T) intellectual compatibility:
communicating important ideas; discussing and debating
- 19. When I disagree with my
- F) I do everything I can to avoid
hurting his or her feelings, and
- I may not say anything if it will
hurt too much.
- T) I usually speak up and set my
mate straight because right is right.
- 20. People who know me tend to
describe me as:
- F) warm hearted and
- T) logical and
- 21. I see most of my encounters
with people as:
- F) being friendly and important in
- T) having a purpose.
- 22. If I had the time and money,
and a friend invited me to an
- exotic location and gave me one
day's notice, I would:
- J) have to check my schedule
- P) pack my bags without a second
- 23. When on a first date,
- J) get upset if my date is
- P) don't worry about it since I'm
usually late myself.
- 24. I prefer:
- J) to know, in advance, what's
going to happen on my dates: where I'm going, who is
going to be there, how long I will be there, how I
- P) to let the dates happen
spontaneously without much (if any) advance
- 25. I prefer a life that revolves
- J) schedules and
- P) spontaneity and
- 26. Which is more common:
- J) I'm on time and everyone else
- P) everyone else is on time, and
- 27. I am the type of person who
- J) make up my mind and come to
- P) keep my options open and
continue gathering information.
- 28. I am the type of person
- J) likes to work on one thing at a
time until completion.
- P) enjoys working on several
things at once.
- now go on to the